Super Sprout Feeding Instructions
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Wait…it’s a bird?
Great, they’ll surely love Super Sprout.
Did you know?
When a seed sprouts, greater amounts of amino acids and antioxidants are provided to birds.
Super Sprout is undoubtedly a ‘super-food’ for large birds, the blend of easily sprouted seeds releasing stored nutrients as they begin to grow and in the process, ensuring birds get a hearty and healthy ration of energy food.
Instructions for feeding Super Sprout are below, or check out our instructional video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r46pRfS0R1E&t=4s
RINSE well until water runs clear
SOAK for 8-12 hours in a bowl, well covered in water
Spread sprouts in a colander, bag or dish and place in a dark, well ventilated area
RINSE well several times a day
Super Sprout is ready for use when tails first begin to appear
Rinse well and allow to dry off before serving.
- Luke warm water is best for rinsing to remove by-products generated by sprouting
- Add Apple Cider Vinegar or Vetafarm Aviclens to the water to sterilise the water and help prevent the growth of bacteria whilst sprouting.
- Maximum nutritional goodness
is obtained when the sprout first appears
- Mix with your bird’s favourite food for the first one or two days until they adjust to new type of feed
- Refrigerate unused sprouts for 1-2 days. Rinse daily until used
- For extra goodness add some fresh fruit and vegetables to the sprouted seed
- NEVER feed old or spoiled sprouts. Sprouts should smell sweet and earthy, not sour.